Planning for Your Cabinet Refacing Project
With any kitchen remodeling project, planning is important. When preparing for your cabinet refacing project, consider the following:
1. Have you selected a cabinet door style? What about a drawer style? The style you choose sets the tone for your entire kitchen design. Consider how well your chosen cabinet style will blend with your countertop, paint, tile and other elements of your kitchen design. For example, are you leaning toward laminate or wood tones?
2. Will your chosen cabinet accessories enhance the functionality of your cabinets? Rollout garbage bins, Lazy Susan’s and pullout drawers are some of the more popular options to consider when refacing your kitchen cabinets. Improvements like these not only improve your kitchen design, they give you a more functional kitchen as well.
3. Should you change more than just your cabinets? Many cabinet refacing companies just don’t stop with your cabinets; they can typically install countertops, flooring and other improvements as well. In fact, if you’re planning on doing several small kitchen design enhancements, it may be more cost effective to have the same remodeling professional complete them all at once. You may also want to consider how your older fixtures will appear when next to your newly refaced cabinets.
4. Have you received a detailed estimate from the refacing company? The estimate should tell you not only the project’s cost, but types of materials to be used, the expected timeline and your agreed-upon schedule for payment.
5. Is your family ready to adjust its schedule for the cabinet refacing project? For a couple of days, your family will need another location for meals and snacks. It’s important to allow cabinet refacing contractors adequate time and space to complete your project without interruption.
Planning ahead of time will make your home improvement plan go much smoother. By reviewing following our advice, you will be well on your way to a completed new cabinet refacing project.